Mwaka wa Kwanza

Originally Posted on Kusema: To Speak, To Talk, To Tell

Msigwa & Me - Aug 2014


Today marks my one year anniversary as Kiongozi wa Bega Kwa Bega (Director of Bega Kwa Bega). No longer mpya (new), I cross the threshold into my second year of service grateful for all that the last twelve months have contained and optimistic about what lies ahead.

If there was a theme to 'Year 1' it would be listening. Through feedback sessions with BKB cluster groups and affiliated organizations, back-to-back-to-back committee meetings, and quiet conversations over cups of chai, I've been able to catch glimpses of the heart and soul of this relationship and witnessed the unmistakable presence of the Spirit that animates it all.

It has also been a year of navigating the complex network of relationships that characterizes this cross-cultural and cross-continental partnership, learning about our shared history, and beginning to discern where we may be headed in the future.

. . . For now I want to end a word of thanks. To all who have patiently and faithfully accompanied me during this year of introduction - Bishops’ offices, committee members, cluster leaders, coordinators, and the hundreds of individuals I've met - please accept my heartfelt gratitude.

Asante sana na Mungu awabariki. . .

Comments

Popular Posts